Thursday, April 01, 2010

Wow...I haven't posted in a super long time, mostly because I completely forgot about this thing. Anyway, my spring break is almost over, then back to school. But before that I have a TON of homework to do. I have to make 23 attack cards for debate, an intro for debate, math homework, science homework (maybe) and I think language arts homework which I probably won't do anyway. Past that I going to my grandma's house on Saturday, which could be fun. Oh, and this morning I had just finished the movie 2012 with John Cusack that came out last year, and I noticed something kinda strange. The movie about the supposed end of the world in 2012 (duh) which lasts ten days, from December 21 to December 31. So during this "end of the world" the Earth flooded and the human race built a boat and survived along with animals they brought with them. Now this got me thinking. See, I'm into Greek mythology and stuff, so when I thought about it, it sounded a lot like this one myth about a man named Deucalion, who is the son of a titan named Prometheus who stole fire from the gods and gave to the humans(prometheus means forethought). So as punishment, Zeus (kind of gods), has Hephaestus (forge god, and an ugly one at that) create a bride for Epimethues (means afterthought, in other words, he's an idiot), brother of Prometheus. This bride, Pandora goes down to Earth along with an accompanying box that contains the evils of man. Pandora is extremely curious, so she goes and opens it and makes the world crap, full of pollution and war and poverty and plain old horse doo-doo. So Zeus decides to kill the bad people by FLOODING THE EARTH FOR TEN STRAIGHT DAYS (sound familiar?) So Deucalion along with his wife, Pyrrha, build a big BOAT and bring all the ANIMALS on board to survive with them. And at the end of this flood, a NEW YEAR IS BORN and along with it, a new world. This all sounds just a little to coincidental to me. The Mayans predicted that the world would end on December 21, 2012 until the 31st of that month. At the end of the Mayans 13th B'ak'tun, the world is supposed to end, but what happens after those ten days? The surviving humans start over, technology destroyed, forced to be rediscovered, and those famous scientists start over as mere farmers. This got me thinking even more, because really, it was staring at me in the face. For thousands of years, humans were medieval, so to speak, fighting with swords and horses and catapults and farming and just, stupid. 0 a.d. to 500 a.d., men fight with swords on horseback, 500 to 1000, same thing, 1000 to 1500, SAME thing, 1500 to 2000...suddenly the world is advanced discoveries are being made, but why all of a sudden? 1500 years, maybe more, of pure stupidity and, suddenly, intelligence? But maybe it wasn't stupidity, maybe these ancient people had been as technologically advanced as us, but if they were how come no had known about it until we discovered it? This is where it relates back the flooding thing. After the end of the world, humans would start over, like I said before, so maybe disasters had befallen those before us. I was kind of obsessed with this game for awhile, Assassin's Creed 2, which is basically this huge conspiracy theory-thing. It had shown that the first civilization(gods and goddesses who were actually human, however I don't actually believe that) was extremely advanced. So I did some research in to that and came across a theory that there was an ancient atomic war. Evidence of this were radiation spikes coming from the city of Ragasthan, India, a city that has existed for centuries. What if that was it? What if there was a nuclear war that wiped out the Earth, and the remaining humans had to start over? What if the world became technologically advanced repeatedly, to the point of nuclear weapons, and then started a war and ended up killing all that technology and most of the life on Earth? We all know the end of the world is a load of garbage, but what if that's the year North Korea or Russia or somewhere decides to start a nuclear war with the USA, and then that, in turn, makes us start over? And then I thought, boy, all that from a movie?

No comments: